Traveling with kids, no matter near or far, you have to have the right components for an easy commute! In our situation Grandma and Grandpa live in California. We decided to take the kids on their first visit to see Grandma and Grandpa’s house by plane instead of their usual visit to Wisconsin in our home. Plus, a great excuse to visit the beach! These are the items I purchased to help with the day of travel. They all dramatically helped making our plane rides a breeze!
1. Ipad // On our longer flight of 4 hours this was a lifesaver. I was able to watch a movie and relax while the kids took a nap.
For the Kids:
2. Elmo App for Iphone/Ipad // I also have many apps for the kids to play on the Ipad, including an amazing App called Elmo calls. He calls you and once you answer it shows you in a video chat with Elmo.
3. Jeep Organizer Backpack // This backpack has been a lifesaver. Keeps sippy cups upright in the side pockets and doesn’t take up room lugging your wipe container since that is also accessible off to the side. An amazing backpack for an active Mom!
4. Carters Cheetah Blanket // My daughter does not go anywhere without her blankie. We now own 3 so we can sneak one or 2 in the washer at a time.
5. Rocker Dora Explorer Doll // My daughter loves Dora! The doll not only sings but says several phrases in English and Spanish. My daughter loves to dance to her music and played with her hair clip the majority of our shorter flight.
6. Gate Check Cover // This kept both car seats (including my daughters brand new car seat) from getting ruined since we did check them. The bag itself was very dirty after traveling however both car seats were in perfect condition.
7. LeapFrog LeapPad 2 // An absolute must for a 4 year old! This has educational games, music, a camera and a video camera all in one. Is easy touch screen and comes with a stylus pen as well.
8. Graco LiteRider // Now that my daughter is in her “big girl” car seat it was time to find a smaller, more compact stroller. Absolutely love how this stoller handles and still has a basket and cup holders that are handy while shopping.