I am soooo happy that summer is HERE in Wisconsin. It has been absolutely beautiful the last couple weeks and we have been lucky enough to be outside nearly every day. Rain or shine, we are outside. We have been having so much fun between the sprinkler, playground, community pool, bubbles, planting flowers, etc. that we hardly have time to sleep! I have included some of my Mommy/Kiddo Must Haves that have been so much fun this summer already. After waiting and waiting till my daughter could do more activities I now wish I could slow down such a busy bee. My step son as well- gaining more and more independence and not wanting to snuggle as often is hard, but being able to play outside and chase them around has been an absolute joy this summer!
My kids and I love to create new recipes. We found these popsicle molds on our latest trip to Ikea and we have been having tons of fun making our own popsicles. I cut up chunks of strawberries in our latest recipe and they turned out delicious! Here is the most recent recipe I used:
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (frozen strawberries work, too)
- 1/2 cup frozen white grape juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons water
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Then place in your popsicle mold and freeze.
I hope you and your family enjoy your summer as well. Please share any new popsicle recipes too, we would love some new ideas!
1. Banzai Aqua Drench 3-in-1 Inflatable Splash Park // We just purchased one of these slip and slides because our babysitter had one and the kids love it! Plus it is nice that it has a pool, slip and slide and the sprinkler part for the little kids to enjoy it too. Both of our kids- our 1 1/2 year old and 4 year old love this and I think have a secret plan to wear it out by the end of this summer.
2. Imperial Toy Super Miracle B Solution with Wand // The bubble supply at our house has to be endless- we have had tears over not having enough bubbles! We play with them every single day outside and they are also a nice past time when we go to watch their dad Race, attending the latest farmers market, etc. We recently brought them to the nursing home to see my grandfather who enjoyed watching his great granddaughter run around chasing bubbles.
3. Radio Flyer Fold 2 Go Tricycle // My 1 1/2 year old daughter is on her Tricycle every single day. We even bring it inside when it rains for her to zoom around. It also has a cool little trunk in the back so she can take her baby for a spin too.
4. Crayola Outdoor 24 Ct Sidewalk Chalk // Chalk is another must at our house. You know you have found our home because of the awesome drawings out front where the kids have decorated..and the repeated places where both are trying to write their names!
5. RIP Curl Women’s Gypsy Queen Swimsuit cover up//Don’t forget something cute for mommy to wear while chasing after the kiddos playing outside.
6. Chosigt Popsicle Mold // A mold to help with making the endless supply of popsicles that you will need this summer. I have found so many yummy recipes that include fruit, yogurt, juice, etc. Yum!!