Perfect for a butterfly- or flower-themed baby shower, these flower push pops are pretty AND delicious – and best of all, they are super easy to make! Simply buy pink cake mix (or dye white cake mix pink with food coloring as I did here), bake a batch of mini muffins, and then stack the muffins in push pop containers with a stripe of frosting in between. Top each push pop with marshmallow flowers, decorate your containers and stand with coordinating stickers, and you’ll be left with a small “garden” of treats that coordinate perfectly with your butterfly and flower baby shower decorations! Read on to learn how to make your own flower push pops.
- 1 box white cake mix and red food coloring OR 1 box pink cake mix
- Mini muffin pan
- White frosting
- Mini marshmallows
- Colored sprinkles or sugar
- Kitchen scissors
- Playful Butterfly & Flower stickers
- Push pop containers
- Push pop stand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to the box directions. If you need to dye white cake mix pink, stir in 3-5 drops of red food after the other ingredients have been added.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full and bake according to the box directions (about 15-20 minutes)
- Remove muffins from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- While the muffins are cooling, decorate your push pop stand with coordinating craft paper, ribbon, and stickers. (I used name tags and round stickers from BigDotofHappiness.com’s Playful Butterfly & Flowers baby shower theme.)
- Fill a piping bag with white frosting (or make your own piping bag by cutting a hole in the corner of a plastic bag).
- When muffins are completely cool, place a single muffin in the bottom of each push pop container and cover with a thin layer of white frosting. Repeat until your push pop containers are full.
- Frost the top muffin of each push pop and decorate with a marshmallow flower, made using the below directions:
To make the flower centers, cut mini marshmallows in half width-wise and press the freshly cut half into colored sprinkles. (The sprinkles will stick to the cut part but nothing else – genius!) Gently press a half into the center of each muffin.
To make the flower petals, cut mini marshmallows in half diagonally. Each diagonal slice will be a single petal. Press each slice into colored sprinkles and arrange the slices around the flower center until you have a complete flower.
You can decorate each place setting with a single push pop that’s standing in a small, clay flower pot or display eight push pops in a decorated stand in the center of each party table or candy buffet. Your guests will love the look – and taste – of these adorable flower push pops!
For even more unique butterfly and flower baby shower ideas, check out Big Dot of Happiness on Pinterest!