Making your own treats for you dogs is great for your their health and for your budget. Homemade treats also gives you the chance to dress them up and makes them perfect for a Valentine’s Day treat or any puppy party like we did here. We used paw-shaped & mini heart-shaped cookie cutters to make an adorable treat to make your dog’s heart skip a beat. Here’s how we made them!
Valentine’s Day Dog Treat Recipe
What You’ll Need
2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
2 Different Flavors of 4 oz Jars of Baby Food
Any flavors will do but make sure they don’t contain onions or grapes. It works best if you get two flavors that differ quite a bit in color. We did a light tan Vegetables & Chicken and an orange Sweet Carrots.
How To Make It
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In separate bowls, mix 1 cup of flour with each jar of baby food.
3. Lightly knead dough on floured surface and roll out each dough separately.
4. Use paw-shaped cookie cutter on each dough.
5. Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter and remove center of the paw cut-out.
6. Take heart cut-out in one color and place in the opposite colored paw. Lightly pat them together. They will seem like they will fall apart but once baked, they will stay together.
7. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Let cool before serving to your pups.
This is how my dog Rocko looked after eating a few so it’s puppy approved! I hope you enjoy making these healthy treats for your furry pals this Valentine’s Day!