Want a treat for your special pooch to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day? Here it is! I found a yummy treat that includes green beans which are a great source of potassium, Vitamin A and C for your dog. Here is the simple recipe I found on dailypuppy.com below. You can also include a small amount of green food coloring if you wish to make them extra special!
St. Patrick’s Day Dog Biscuits
Pulse these items in a food processor:
- 1/2 cup of green beans (drain liquid)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons of applesauce
Then add these items to the mixture:
- knead 1 cup of flour to mixture
- Add 1/4 cup of warm milk to soften dough
Roll the dough on a floured surface, approximately 1/2 thick, then use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
Lastly, bake biscuits on cookie sheet in a 325 degree oven
Enjoy your special treat pooches!